Monday, February 23, 2009

How To Teach Social Media To College Students Who Adopt Web 2.0 Faster?

One of my dilemmas as I get up to speed on using Web 2.0 for public relations and personally is: How do I teach social media to students who already know more than I do about the topic? But I guess my answer is this...They use it more on a personal basis, but I'm not sure they know how to apply the powerful tools of the Internet for business purposes. Students know Facebook in and out...better than I'll ever know it. But do they know how to use it for an event or for an issue? I think some of them are on the right track. But my goal is to challenge them to think beyond their personal use of Facebook so that they will start thinking about the broader uses of Web 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment